SUMMER STYLE: LA

My style has changed A LOT since I started blogging in 2008. Back then I'd venture to say 92% of my wardrobe was comprised of J.Crew and Lilly Pulitzer, and the other 8% consisted of fabulous designer party dresses I found at high end outlets like Last Call. (I still have this amazing black backless Chloe dress that I scored for just under $200; the retail price tag was closer to $2,000.)

Nowadays, as most of you know. I live in black spandex from Nike and Lululemon, and sneakers. It's a far cry from the shift dress and Jack Rogers uniform of yesteryear. My daily accessories, which used to consist of fun statement jewelry and chic leather bags, are now my Apple Watch, a headband and my backpack. The times they are a-changin'. When I recently asked what you'd like to see on the blog in terms of content, I was pleasantly surprised that so many of you asked to see more posts about style!

Because I spend so much of my time in workout clothes, the only time I'm in what I've dubbed as my "Real Life" clothes for more than a few hours at a time is when I travel! So I thought it'd be fun to share what I wore during our recent trip to LA. I used to be the world's worst packer, but I've gotten better in the past few years as I've employed several strategies (stick to one or two color schemes, pack minimal shoes and accessories, etc.). 

···

Margaritas at Pink Taco. Top: Velvet. Shorts: Gap. (On sale and so comfy.) Sandals: Tory Burch

On our way to Abbot Kinney. Dress: Velvet. (On sale.) Bag: Chloe. Sandals: Loeffler Randall.

Wine at Barnsdall Park. Romper: Pookie & Sebastian. Bag: Celine. Sunglasses: J. Crew. Sandals: Loeffler Randall.

Dinner at The Ivy. Romper: Parker. (On major sale. In white here and here, both on sale.) Shoes: Pour La Victoire. (On major sale.) Bag: Clare V. (On sale.)

Brunch at Tortilla Republic. Top: Splendid. (On sale.) Shorts: Joe's. Bag: Chloe. Sunglasses: Valentino. Sandals: Loeffler Randall.

Dinner at Salt's Cure. Dress: Banana Republic. Bag: Clare V. (On sale.) Sandals: Loeffler Randall.

···

Growing up in a family where both of my parents worked in the industry, I've always had a passion for fashion, and up until my mom got sick, I still shopped for most of my clothes with her (and my dad). My "off duty" style nowadays is pretty relaxed. In terms of my look, my goal is always pretty much to look like I thought about it, but not too much. In the summer I like mostly easy fabrics and a mix of flowy and fitted silhouettes. Other items I packed/wore not pictured above: this Velvet dress; this BLANKNYC light jacket; these James Perse shorts (they're on sale and perfect for looking cozy-yet-cute for those early AM coffee runs); this Sundry sweatshirt (on CRAZY sale). The LR sandals are so perfect for me because they're flat and easy but the metallic color and star detail makes them feel special. 

So there's my LA style! I'm excited to share more posts like this with you; we're taking our honeymoon next month (WOO HOO!) and it looks like there may be more trips to Florida in my future. More on that later ;)

Have a great day!